Are you feeling overwhelmed with all the decisions you need to make????
Is this the first time you are embracing life on your own
This might also be the time you experience new stressors like-
- excessive worry
- lack of focus
- parental expectations
Some students seek help for:
- Fear of change, new situations and making new friends.
- First time sharing space (and bathrooms) with others.
- Fearful of asking for help.
- Not knowing anyone and having to make new friends.
- Maintaining good grades, doing assignments on time with no one to remind you to “do your homework.”
- Feeling homesick and lonely.
- Perfectionism or imposter syndrome.
- Working and going to school/money worries
- Intimidated by your professors/large class sizes/not knowing where the classroom is located.
- Social pressure to binge drink, take drugs or have sex.
- Managing grocery shopping, laundry, cleaning, money management
- School safety
- Fear of failure
Have checked off a few of the things above?
Would like to talk about your worries, fears, concerns or just want to vent to someone who “gets it.”
We can arrange a time to meet face to face or have our meetings online if that works better for you.
Give me a call to set up a free 15-minute consultation.
When you call, you can ask me questions and we can explore if we’d be a good match.
You do not have to be in crisis to seek or ask for help.
It can be very empowering to do this for yourself.